Posts tagged Week 5
This week we work also on the User Interface – the Flash GUI. It was challenging since neither me nor Loredana had previous experience in creating games under this application.
Because of this fact, we searched for some advices on the net and after quite a long trial and errors we found something interesting here . Even that it didn’t met all requirements, this tutorial was what we needed to get a quick start.
The animal images are free clip arts taken from http://www.free-clipart-
After following the steps and understood the concepts,we modified the application to :
- Change the resolution, as it has to run on a projector
- Redesign the entire scene graphics, but keeping basic elements like scoring and timer.
- Change the game’s AI from
- how many simultaneously balloons you can hit in a specific period of time to
- having only one target available at one time and you can get another one only if you hit the current one
- Remove the old targets and create 6 new ones more appealing.
- Implement the Arduino interface classes taken from here.
A game should not have only a great idea, but also nice graphical interface. For this, we created an immersive forest environment where the user to be able to ‘hunt’ some animals.
Underneath is the background of the application: