PDC 2008 – Apps for babies in .Net 4.0
He explained the usage of Microsoft’s .Net 4.0 framework in real life examples, creating an interesting environment for very young people (less than 4 years) using Silverlight, PDAs, the new Surface device, webservices, real time interrogation to data bases by auto updating reports and others.
Join Scott Hanselman for this lots-of-code-minimal slides talk that walks through the sheer joy of building out a .NET Framework application with Visual Studio using many of the new advances in the .NET Framework 3.5SP1 and 4.0. We have a data layer with Entity Framework, use REST web services with WCF and ADO.NET Data Services, write an ASP.NET site for reporting using Dynamic Data and MVC. All the data will come from a WPF client application and a Silverlight application that the audience will run live! All this, plus it’s an application that babies and toddlers will love!
- Introduction to Silverlight
- Breiny – Master thesis application
- Master thesis – Conclusions
- ASP .Net MVC – patterns of the Microsoft framework
- Master thesis – User evaluation
- Master thesis – Theoretical evaluation
- Master thesis – Implementation of Breiny
- Master thesis – User Interface
- Master thesis – Implementation of Repositories
- Master thesis – Architecture